The Madison Square Garden Company is a fully-integrated sports, media and entertainment business. The company is comprised of three business segments: MSG Sports, MSG Media and MSG Entertainment, which are strategically aligned to work together to drive the company’s overall business, which is built on a foundation of iconic venues and compelling content that the company creates, produces, presents and/or distributes through its programming networks and other media assets.
The Madison Square Garden Company has forged a deep connection with diverse and passionate audiences through our ownership and development of iconic that include: celebrated venues, legendary sports franchises, and spectacular original productions.
Mission: To lift the human spirit by gathering communities around exceptional live experiences on the world’s greatest stages.
The SVP, Productions is responsible for the overall business strategy and objectives for all MSGE productions and franchises and will lead all aspects of identifying and launching successful new productions. This includes The Radio City Christmas Spectacular (RCCS) in New York and other residency markets, the development and implementation of new proprietary productions and events for our venues, the evaluation of new opportunities for additional venues in other markets for presentation of MSGE’s productions and events, and the expansion of the Rockettes brand. The SVP will be responsible for creating new content partnerships further expanding our market position. This person will work closely with all areas of MSG to develop and execute strategies involving marketing, sponsorship, group sales and merchandising. This is a highly visible internal and external executive position that reports to (TBD).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Enhance and expand The Rockettes and Radio City Music Hall franchise as a New York City institution
- Responsible for the development and expansion of MSGE’s already strong franchise show, The Radio City Christmas Spectacular, as well as the creation of new proprietary shows.
- Solidify the vision and brand definition for The Rockettes as a stand-alone product and brand and drive incremental revenues by creating and implementing new opportunities, products, events and services for The Rockettes brand that are consistent with and further enhance the Company’s vision for the future of the brand
- Leverage new content and marketing to drive significant RCCS growth in New York and to maximize performance of RCCS in other residency markets
- Develop and expand new and enhanced content and shows throughout MSG property holdings
- Continue to develop other propriety productions to maximize the utilization of our venues throughout the year
- Expand content offerings for use in the MSG venues and on tour by the creation of proprietary new show development, and through establishing relations with top-tier entertainment partners, producers and content owners
- In conjunction with EVP Live explore developmental opportunities for new MSG owned programs for The Theater at MSG, Beacon Theatre, Wang Theatre, and The Chicago Theater
- Grow the MSG production business to maximize profit and return through marketing, branding, sponsorships and offerings taking advantage of new MSG ventures; Boston Calling, Townsquare and Counter Logic Gaming
- Create additional Productions sponsorship and partnership opportunities and develop new and unique additional ancillary revenue streams arising out of our core business strategy, brands and assets
- Work closely with Consumer Insights group to better understand our positioning and appeal of our brands and content offerings, and additionally, to gain insight around possible business development opportunities
- Responsible for the marketing and production of the Company’s shows; optimizing the commercial use of the Company’s venues, and maximizing the revenues and profitability from all sources including rental income, ticket sales and food, beverage, and merchandising sales, sponsorships, marketing partnerships and advertising sales
- Manage all marketing and public relations activities and personnel related to promotion and ticket sales productions, including working with the Engagement Marketing strategy designed to maximize the use of digital and social media to maximize the value of and direct connection to our customers, bolster MSGE’s competitive advantage and enhance ticket sales and ancillary revenue opportunities
- Core competencies for all members of the senior management team include teamwork, integrity, flexibility, stress tolerance and concern for excellence
- Thought leader who will seize the opportunities offered by new technology and changes in the industry, counter competitive threats, and develop a strategic vision to guide the organization forward
- Self-Confident, Independent and self-reliant; realistic confidence in own ability to make appropriate decisions; ability to stand ground in the face of opposition or pressure
- Demonstrated ability to assess talent in employees and candidates, to recruit outstanding people and to develop the skills of existing employee
- Entrepreneurial individual with the ability to build new businesses, maintain core businesses and achieve results in an uncertain and changing environment
- Extensive experience with and understanding of the development of product and brand strategies, competitive tactics, and attractive customer value propositions
- Experience managing multiple product lines, strong project management skills and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and initiatives
- Organizationally perceptive person who will respect the traditions and culture of MSG and who can implement new ideas within that context
- Skill and experience in building teams and motivating others; builds consensus and compromise with peers in other parts of MSG
- Strong communicator and team player who can build consensus across multiple constituencies; able to communicate well to both internal and external audiences, in both oral and written communications
- Clear and timely decision maker
- Provides team with clear sense of direction; takes charge; organizes resources; steers others towards task accomplishment
- Makes sound business decisions and judgements based on analysis of available data
- Creative and will contribute new ideas and foster innovation in others to ensure continual improvement in expertise and capabilities
- Able to influence attitudes and opinions of others and gain agreement to proposals, plans and ideas; skillful at negotiating
Our client and Buffkin / Baker firmly support the principle and philosophy of equal opportunity for all individuals, regardless of age, race, gender, creed, national origin, disability, veteran status of any other protected category pursuant to applicable federal, state or local law.
Buffkin / Baker
420 Lexington Ave, Suite 820
New York, NY 10017
Warren Wasp, Partner
Office: (929) 436-0924
Cell: (516) 532-8026
Office: (929) 436-0927
Cell: (512) 296-7394