Based in New York, Sopris Capital is a venture capital investment firm that seeks to invest in fast growing healthcare and tech-enabled services companies. In December, 2016 Sopris formed Sopris Capital Holdings (SCH) which manages multiple portfolio companies under a shared-services model. A seasoned C-Suite of leaders focuses on sales and operations across multiple companies in diverse industries. We work closely with companies to shape strategy, build management teams, attract customers, initiate acquisition programs, and develop critical industry relationships to drive growth. Sopris and SCH bring the experience and strategic relationships gained from guiding large organizations to every company in our portfolio. Sopris generally invests between $1 million and $5 million in high growth companies that have proven products, market acceptance, and a management team that can capitalize on the opportunity. The profile of the typical opportunity is a company with revenues between $1 million and $15 million, growing 30%+ per year.
Quovant is a premier legal spend and matter management solutions provider focused on developing technology and delivering services to corporate legal departments, claims and risk departments in the United States and Europe. Quovant addresses matter management, e-billing and spend management software needs with the added ability to include the human element when needed. From fully automated legal e-billing, to legal spend workflow and analytics, outside counsel management technology and services, and everything in between, Quovant picks up where traditional corporate legal technology providers leave off.
With headquarters in Nashville, TN, Quovant specializes in legal spend management, analytics and reporting, law department management, TPA claims management, legal operations management, and legal matter management. www.quovant.com
Firepoint Solutions, Inc.
Firepoint is a real estate software solution created by more than 15 top real estate teams and 120 agents across the nation. We believe there is a simpler and more effective way to grow and run a real estate team. Whether you are a single agent looking to create a team, or a mega-team closing hundreds of transactions a year, Firepoint Solutions can help. The company offers an all-in-one software solution, more transparency and accountability, ridiculously fast response times, and never-before-seen business reporting and analysis; all at a more reasonable price. When you’re growing, you already have plenty of things to worry about: having to keep systems and programs working together shouldn’t be one of them. Software should work for you, not against you. Quite simply: this system was designed for agents by agents.
With headquarters in Boise, ID, Firepoint specializes in lead generation, team management and reporting. www.firepoint.net
Click Notices (CN) is the leading multi-state delinquency management services platform to the multifamily property industry. The company combines a cloud-hosted platform with expert staff to offload the administrative burden of managing late rent. Every month, CN manages thousands of filings on behalf of its clients, minimizing delinquent payments, reducing legal costs, and simplifying workloads for real estate owners and property managers.
With headquarters in Annapolis, MD, ClickNotices specializes in delinquency management, evictions, property management system integrations, legal case management and property management. www.ClickNotices.com
The Chief Marketing Officer will be responsible for developing and executing a corporate marketing plan that enables Quovant, Firepoint, and ClickNotices to increase revenues and profits. The CMO will work with the senior management team to develop and execute “go to market” strategies for product and solution offerings and marketing strategies for the sales organization. This role will manage the tactical implementation of marketing plans including collateral, web site enhancement, direct marketing, lead generation, case studies, product and solution training and other marketing strategies that will enhance the effectiveness of the sales team and reach the companies’ target audiences efficiently and effectively. Finally, the CMO will be a part of the senior management team of the company (s) reporting to the CEO.
- Minimum of 10-15 years of proven marketing experience in a B2B technology environment; SaaS required
- Prior experience as a Vice President of Marketing or similar executive role
- Experience in successfully crafting and executing business to business marketing strategies in a solution-oriented environment
- Deep understanding of digital marketing; proven track record of leveraging digital channels to drive lead/demand generation; social marketing strategy, thought leadership, content, white papers, etc.
- Track record of developing and implementing measurable strategic marketing plans that get results in a cost-effective manner
- Proven experience in developing sustainable and scalable lead generation engines
- Willingness and ability to “roll up sleeves” in order to ensure that marketing strategy is executed
- Ability to transform technical content into business and solution-focused messaging
- Prior experience in presenting to boards and executive teams
- Sound understanding of financial and information based analysis
- Experience in building and developing effective teams in an entrepreneurial culture
- Strong senior level project management skills
- Reputation for integrity and honesty
- Ability to set and drive meeting agendas
- Ability to establish and manage priorities and to focus on attention to detail and follow through
- Has worked in an environment with companies in transition, i.e. growth or change
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop comprehensive marketing strategies (demand generation and lifecycle management) for customer acquisition, engagement, conversion, retention, upselling
- Manage partner/customer KPIs: Traffic generation, Customer acquisition (conversion rates, volumes, sources, costs), Customer engagement and conversion, Customer retention and satisfaction
- Build and recommend programs across a variety of marketing tactics:
- Paid Marketing
- Inbound marketing (SEO, Social Media, Email, Events, PR)
- Web design, marketing automation, and analytics
- Define and drive corporate and product marketing strategy, positioning, and messaging:
- Market research to understand trends, opportunities, and the competitive environment
- Voice of the customer and market program partnering with product, sales, and support teams
- Marketing communications planning and management
- Cross-functional go-to-market coordination
- Own all processes and systems related to marketing productivity, reporting and analytics
- Work closely with product and development teams to develop necessary internal tools and processes for product launches and updates
- Successfully launch new products and services in targeted regions through outside reps, training and speaking engagements, marketing campaigns, and other mechanisms as necessary
- Support internal and external teams with the tools they need to market and sell products and service
- Assist the business development team with the tools they need to effectively market and sell products and services to payers, vendors, and other potential partners; Establish transaction volume goals for market development team members
- Manages budgets and determines ROI of outsourcing creative or other activities
Our client and Buffkin / Baker firmly support the principle and philosophy of equal opportunity for all individuals, regardless of age, race, gender, creed, national origin, disability, veteran status of any other protected category pursuant to applicable federal, state or local law.
Buffkin / Baker
10 Cadillac Drive, Suite 190
Brentwood, TN 37027
Phone: (615) 988-2587
Craig Buffkin, Managing Partner
Office: (615) 988-2580
Cell: (615) 417-4383
Jen Bradley, Associate Partner
Office: (615) 988-2583
Cell: (615) 478-9919