Experian is a global leader in consumer and business credit reporting and marketing services and a constituent of the United Kingdom’s FTSE 100 index, with total revenue for the year ended March 31, 2016, of US$4.6 billion. We support clients in more than 80 countries and employ approximately 17,000 people in 37 countries
Experian unlocks the power of data to create opportunities for consumers, businesses and society. At life’s big moments – from buying a home or car, to sending a child to college, to growing a business exponentially by connecting it with new customers – we empower consumers and our clients to manage their data with confidence, so they can maximize every opportunity.
We gather, analyze and process data in ways others can’t. We help individuals take financial control and access financial services, businesses make smarter decision and thrive, lenders lend more responsibly, and organizations prevent identity fraud and crime.
For more than 125 years, we’ve helped consumers and clients prosper, and economies and communities flourish – and we’re not done.
We’re investing in new technologies, talented people and innovation so we can help create a better tomorrow.
The Global Head of Facebook (FB) Strategy/Vertical will be responsible for overall revenue generation and growth of the global Facebook vertical. This leadership role will be 60% sales and 40% business development and will require proven strengths in gaining sales’ team ownership of company goals with performance at and above desired quota objectives. The individual will build and manage a geographically dispersed team and manage its performance in a disciplined, metric-focused environment. This role will be responsible for cultivating and managing deep relationships with executive level clients. This position reports to the General Manager of Experian Targeting NA.
- Minimum of 10 years of sales experience with a focus on managing high-level, complex client relationships
- Minimum of 10 years’ agency and/or publisher experience would be advantageous and highly desirable
- Ad Tech experience also desirable
- Ability to effectively navigate and operate within an internal and external client global matrix environment
- Ability to identify growth and new business opportunities within the FB vertical and
- Ability to identify and quickly establish trust and credibility with key stakeholders within Facebook and wider Experian globally
- Ability to translate deep knowledge and understanding of FB client product needs and to build a strategic roadmap for deliverables
- Quick learner who can rapidly embrace culture, a new organization, and responsibilities
- Familiarity in the public space is an asset
- Ability to leverage advertiser and publisher relationships to build stronger and more strategic win/win partnerships that help accelerate brand growth and execute core Fluent strategies
- Astute and articulate with regards to client-needs, client and prospect engagement, sales negotiations and sales best practices
- Complex reasoning capabilities and ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and implement solutions
- Track-record of engaging collaboratively with senior-level executives and buying centers and working cross-functionally to serving clients
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills, equally comfortable talking with employees, managers, executives, and clients
- Track record of a “roll up your sleeves, get it done” leader: Outstanding organizational skills, strong multitasking skills and the ability to prioritize and take initiative
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Build out and lead the FB team working in close partnership with the Data & Product Strategy Team, the Strategic Alliances Team and other Experian BU’s and Regions (UK and Brazil)
- Establish sales goals in collaboration with the SVP of Targeting Sales NA and Targeting GM
- Successful achievement of annual NA revenue budget assigned to FB vertical with a longer term view of growing projected revenue by 15/20% over next three years (FY19-21)
- Identification and development of new revenue streams and product development opportunities for the FB vertical to drive the projected longer term growth of the FB vertical
- Proactive exploration of potential opportunities to secure, protect and expand Targeting’s market position as a key provider against external competition
- Driving new business development by aligning the strategic roadmap for the FB sales vertical with FB’s product acquisition and development plans (current & future) as well identifying internal Experian BU opportunities where existing product synergies exist
- Driving business development activity by effectively establishing strong credible relationships with critical FB stakeholders, and acquiring a deep knowledge/insight of the FB eco-system, processes, strategic priorities and product strategy to inform Targeting’s future product priorities/roadmap
- Evangelize the Targeting product roadmap within Global Experian and undertake the role of being the key face of Experian with Facebook, and the key FB player within Experian
- Proactive identification of potential joint Experian and Facebook product solutions
- Support the team with driving the negotiation of contracts to close
- Engage a culture of ongoing account analysis, cross-selling and cross functional team collaboration to create client wins
- Responsible for the budgeting and forecasting for the Global FB vertical team
- Ensure the utilization of the Sales Effectiveness and Sales Share & Innovation tools
- Regularly provide performance feedback to direct reports and complete a formal review for each employee at the middle and end of the fiscal year
- Continuously provide development opportunities to your team
- Lead in accordance to the Experian Leadership Standards
Our client and Buffkin / Baker firmly support the principle and philosophy of equal opportunity for all individuals, regardless of age, race, gender, creed, national origin, disability, veteran status of any other protected category pursuant to applicable federal, state or local law.
Buffkin / Baker
10 Cadillac Drive, Suite 190
Brentwood, TN 37027
Phone: (615) 988-2587
Raj Das, Head of Digital Practice
Office: (929) 436-0920
Cell: (917) 279-7960
Ryan Baggett, Senior Associate
Office: (615) 988-2584
Cell: (615) 516-4589