A pioneer and leader in outpatient addiction medicine, CleanSlate is a multi-state medical group that provides effective treatment for the chronic disease of addiction, primarily opioid and alcohol use disorders. CleanSlate was founded in 2009
in response to the growing opioid epidemic facing the country and today is an industry leader in high-quality, evidence-based care employing medication-assisted treatment and related therapies. The award-winning CleanSlate program of care includes individualized treatment plans for each patient consisting of appropriate medication treatment, clear accountability and evidence-based psychosocial care. The CleanSlate Way of fighting the deadly disease of addiction is based in medicine and science and led by doctors. CleanSlate physicians properly prescribe medication – primarily buprenorphine – to patients and a full team of medical professionals ensures that medicine is properly managed. We coordinate with additional local healthcare providers and partners to ensure patients get a full spectrum of care that includes clear accountability and psychosocial interventions. Today, the CleanSlate medical network includes 29 outpatient treatment centers, committed to working hand-in-hand with patients to ensure they get the kind of care they need. Together with our partners, we are expanding access to care in communities across the nation, giving patients hope and the ability to achieve the lives they want and deserve.
CleanSlate is the leading medical group offering hope for patients, families and communities battling the disease of opioid addiction.
• As chronic brain diseases, opioid and alcohol addiction require treatment based in scientific evidence provided by medical experts.
• Treatment at CleanSlate Centers is individualized for each patient and led by doctors and supported by teams of licensed medical professionals.
• The outpatient treatment CleanSlate provides follows American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM) guidelines – a combination of medicine, accountability and psychosocial interventions.
CleanSlate is a trusted partner in the fight against the disease of opioid addiction.
• The only way to fight these chronic brain disease conditions is by working together.
• Patients and their families trust CleanSlate to provide treatment that works.
• CleanSlate forges partnerships and works closely with other healthcare providers, counseling centers, health insurance networks, government officials and local communities to collaborate as partners in this fight
CleanSlate is leading a charge to provide broad access to proven medicine-based, outpatient care for those fighting the disease of addiction.
• The scope is national, the impact is local. Overdose deaths kill more people in the U.S. than car crashes. Families are threatened and can be destroyed without treatment.
• All demographic groups are suffering, regardless of their professional status. The disease does not discriminate.
• Increasing patient access to high-quality, outpatient treatment – based in medicine with accountability and evidence-based psychosocial care – is the front line of the battle against the opioid epidemic.
The Head of Sales will be responsible for the creation and implementation of a strategic sales plan with a focus around sales methodologies/processes, talent development, sales support and a clear go to market strategy for CleanSlate, in addition to building community awareness throughout market. The Head of Sales will act as a “player/coach” and hold accountability for establishing the sales organization within the company, including building a field team, as well as building scalable and repeatable capabilities. This role will be measured by community engagement, development of local market reputation and patient volumes. This role will report to the Chief Development Officer.
- Minimum of 7-10years sales leadership experience managing healthcare sales teams as a “Player Coach” with a proven track record of management success, exceeding sales plans; Experience in a Behavioral Health Services company/Behavioral Health Client focus preferred
- Sales operations experience and interest in establishing and executing effective sales methodologies, playbooks, metrics and support
- Track record as a “roll up your sleeves, get it done” leader; Outstanding organizational skills, strong multitasking skills and the ability to prioritize and take initiative in an emerging growth environment
- Experience building effective sales force and establishing the proper sales processes and systems to create a scalable sales infrastructure; Proven ability to develop successful teams including collaborative coaching and development of strong managers and front-line talent
- Astute and articulate with regards to client needs, client and prospect engagement, negotiation and best practices; Experience driving community relationships and awareness
- Experience leveraging CRM for monitoring and managing sales team and in reporting results.
- Experience in high growth organization; Private Equity backed organization is desirable, but not required
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills with the ability to thrive and contribute in a highly entrepreneurial environment
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence others towards a positive outcome
- Bachelor’s degree; MBA preferred
- Extensive travel required
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for creating, managing and implementing a comprehensive sales strategy to maximize market visibility, consistent with company objectives
- Utilize sales leadership experience, knowledge of our services, key differentiators, and business savvy to identify and develop strategic relationships that result in significant growth
- Perform detailed sales analyses of services, sales staff, whitespace and territories, leveraging those metrics to identify opportunities for increased market reach
- Develop, maintain and manage tactical relationships at high levels within customer organizations (Hospital/Behavioral Health Hospital Facilities, Correctional Care Facilities, etc.)
- Ensure an efficient sales model to maximize positioning
- Create, manage and communicate effective sales metrics for both reporting and effective management insight
- Lead/Build a solid sales organization to reflect the needs of each local/regional market
- Plan, direct, and coordinate the sales organization’s efforts/activities toward meeting the overall sales and business revenue objectives
- Frequent and direct contact with internal stakeholders, including C-level executives and board members
- Mentor/train sales reps in the field on sales calls
- At a minimum, conduct quarterly, comprehensive business reviews with customers and targeted organizations for services with a continued focus on building relationships
- Provide leadership, guidance, training and mentoring to continually advance the talents, capabilities and performance of all direct reports and their teams
- Responsible for building relationships across the organization and working collaboratively with operations, marketing and other departments/functions to maximize overall results
Our client and Buffkin Baker firmly support the principle and philosophy of equal opportunity for all individuals, regardless of age, race, gender, creed, national origin, disability, veteran status of any other protected category pursuant to applicable federal, state or local law.
10 Cadillac Drive, Suite 190
Brentwood, TN 37027
Phone: (615) 988-2587
Craig Buffkin, Managing Partner
Office: (615) 988-2580
Cell: (615) 417-4383
Jen Bradley, Associate Partner
Office: (615) 988-2583
Cell: (615) 478-9919